Sunday, November 11, 2012

Nauvoo Weekend

We decided to take a little weekend trip to Nauvoo back in September.
It is one of my favorite things and holds a special place in my heart. Back in 2004 I was able to attend "BYU Nauvoo". It was a semester long program they used to do, but sadly not anymore since there are no funds. It was here I gained my testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith and the love I have for the pioneers. I cannot imagine going thourgh some of the things they went through and endured. They were very strong.
I also met some great people who I am friends with still to this day.


The Nauvoo Temple, one of my favorites!
Wagon Ride

Brick Yard

Nauvoo Temple again

Statue of Joseph and Hyrum Smith

Doing a temple session

This is Wilford Woodruff's home and is one of my favorite homes. It has 8 rooms with 8 fireplaces.
If I were to build a home, I would have a fireplace in every room too. It makes practical sense. :)


Inside Wilford Woodruff's home


Heber C. Kimball's home and Shayler's great, great, great Grandpa!

Heber C. Kimball

Nauvoo House

Mississippi River

On the drive we saw lots of this.
The poor dead corn didn't make it through the Missouri drought.

No comments:

Post a Comment